2012 Jubilee Quiz
1st Prize £500
plus 3 x Runner up Goodie Bag Prizes
The 2012 Jubilee Quiz is now closed.
All you have to do is download & print off the quiz page, then study the clues below.
To enter our New Quiz, simply solve the clues which celebrate the Diamond Jubilee. All of the answers have connections with 1952 when the Queen acceeded to the throne. So try to find out the 23 answers.
Post your completed entry to the address shown in the rules section at the bottom
of this page.
Have fun and the best of luck!
Closing date November 30th 2012.
- 1) First authenticated climb to the top by Hillary & Tensing.
- 2) Like Mother Like Daughter.
- 3) Surely Bob Dylan did not direct High Noon?
- 4) Tourists to England in the summer.
- 5) Short Sci-fi story in fact written by Samuel Youd.
- 6) What Leonard Bernstein found in Tahiti.
- 7) Opera commissioned to celebrate the Queen's Accession.
- 8) Arrested in South Africa for crossing a race barrier.
- 9) Insurance Man who turned his talents to Hans Christian Anderson.
- 10) Introduced to the Cairngorms because as we know Santa's a Scotsman.
- 11) A moment of Wimbledon History.
- 12) Defeated by Jersey Joe Walcott.
- 13) What the Duke of Edinburgh would not like getting caught going across Kingston Bridge.
- 14) Where the Diamond Jubilee Stakes will be held.
- 15) Not Trevor but the bronze medal winner in the 100m at Helsinki.
- 16) A beer celebrating its Diamond Jubilee.
- 17) Name of the Christmas number 1 singer.
- 18) Opened its doors in 1952 and has never snapped shut.
- 19) By George! The first foreign FA Final goal.
- 20) Lighting up No. 10 at the time.
- 21) Another Diamond Jubilee beer.
- 22) Beat the Brooklyn Dodgers in the World Series Final.
- 23) This proper Charlie died by laughing at a policeman.
The competition is open to United Kingdom residents, aged at least 18 on the entry
The competition is not open to employees of Timothy Taylor & Co Ltd, nor their immediate
families. Entries can be made on the official form printed off from the web-site.
Entries will be accepted on entrants' own devised forms, as long as the format is
identical to the official form.
Entries must be sent by post to:-
"2012 Jubilee Quiz"
Timothy Taylor & Co. Limited
Knowle Spring Brewery,
Closing date for entries is November 30th 2012. Any entry received after this date
will not be considered.
The first prize will be awarded to the first all-correct entry, drawn from the entries,
after the closing date. Runners-up prizes will be awarded to the next five all-correct
entries drawn. Only one entry allowed per household.
Prize winners will be notified by post within one month of the closing date. Winners
names, and correct answers, will be available on the web site as soon as possible
after the closing date.